The Rochester-Avon Historical Society is a non-profit organization that educates our community about local history to foster appreciation and preservation of our historical resources and pride of place.
In the 1930s, the Rochester Pioneer Society was formed only to disband in the 1940s. In 1969, as Rochester celebrated one hundred years since its incorporation as a village, residents decided to establish a local historical society. The Rochester-Avon Historical Society’s first meeting was held in August 1969.
Our Board of Directors
- Tiffany Dziurman, President
- Sarah Helferich, Vice President
- Janet Raymond, Secretary
- Richard Dengate, Treasurer
- Katie Stozicki, Communications DIrector
- Karen Lemon, Membership Director
- Carla Gallusser, Newsletter Director
- Gail Kemler, Honorary Historian
- Deborah Larsen, Research